QuickBooks bank feeds exception errors commonly take place when working on the bank feeds feature of QB. If you are looking for a solution to the QB bank feeds system exception errors, this article is your key. Generally, QB bank feeds exception errors are reflected as System.Argument.Exception and System.TypeInitializationException.
What Is System.Argument.Exception?
You can encounter multiple errors while assessing QuickBooks bank feeds. One of the error comes up with the following error message:
System.Argument.ExceptionSmiley Tonguearameter is not valid.
- at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement, Boolean validateImageData)
- at System.Drawing.Image.fromStream(Stream stream)
- at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.Load()
- at System.Windows.Forms.PcitureBox.set_ImageLocation(String value)
- at OLB_ Workflow.UICtrl_OLBWorkflow.SetILogo(String strFILogoPath)
What Is System.ArgumentOutOfRange.Exception: Index was out of range Error?
This QB Bank feeds exception error can take place in the following situations:
- The vendor or payee name contains special characters such as (!@#$%^&*).
- Corrupted payee, rule, or vendor.
- Issues with the Microsoft components.
There are multiple ways to fix this error. It is recommended to follow the troubleshooting steps in sequence to save your time.
Method 1: Check If The Vendor Or Payee Name Has Any Special Characters
- Click on vendors in the vendor's center in QuickBooks.
- Select All vendors in the active vendor's tab.
- Check if the vendor name has any special characters(!@#$%^&*)
- Make appropriate changes. Erase the special characters and save the edits.
Method 2: Change Your Current Mode To Classic Mode
- Click on Preferences in the Edit section and click on the Checking option.
- In the company preferences, go to the bank feeds section and change the mode to classic and hit ok.
This changing the mode to classic fixes the issue, it indicates that the issue is with the downloaded transactions, or a damaged rule, vendor/payee or Microsoft component and not with the bank. You can try the following step in this case.
Method 3: Reboot Your Computer
- Close all the QB related processes and shut down the system.
- Start the computer again and try to work on bank feeds and download the bank statement.
Method 4: Check The QBWin.log For Error Messages
Verify the most recent entries when you check the QBWin.log error messages. You have to fix the damage to the company files in case you find any issues with the entries.
Method 5: Repair Microsoft Component
Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to resolve issues with Microsoft components such as .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++.
Method 6: Fix QuickBooks Banking Errors
You can get more information on the solutions for QB banking errors at Bank Feeds issues and errors, including OL and OLSU errors.
Method 7: Reinstall QuickBooks Accounting Program
Use clean installation to reinstall QuickBooks.
What Is System.TypeInitializationException?
When you try to link with QuickBooks Bank Feeds, you may come across the following error message:
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for ‘OLB_Center.WPF.Model.FIBluePrintParser’ threw an exception. —> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path ‘C:ProgramDataIntuitQuickBooks 2014componentsolbbrandingfilistfiblueprint.xml’ is denied.
When QuickBooks fails to access the fiblueprint.xml file, this error occurs. This happens because of incorrect permission settings. This error commonly arises in hosted terminal services or Citrix environment.
You can try the below-given steps to resolve this error:
Method 1: Allow The Correct User Permissions To The C:ProgramData Folder (With Subfolders And Files).
- Sign in with valid user permissions.
- Go to the folder where the following file is saved:
For QuickBooks Pro/Premier/Accountant: C:ProgramDataIntuitQuickBooks 201Xcomponentsolbbrandingfilist
Insert your QB version in the place of X.
For QuickBooks Enterprise: C:ProgramDataIntuitQuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 1X.0componentsolbbrandingfilist
- Run fiblueprint.xml file to review all the user permissions.
- Reboot the QBD if you cannot access the fiblueprint.xml file.
- In case the file cannot be accessed manually, provide full access to the C:ProgramData folder.
To provide the full access,
- Go to the file folder and right-tap anywhere.
- Open the properties.
- Navigate to the security tab and click on edit.
- Select everyone under group or user names.
- Check the full control box in the allow tab and then click on ok.
- Close QuickBooks and reboot your system.
Note: If you cannot set up the user permissions to this folder, get in touch with your IT professional or contact the hosting provider.
Method 2: Resolve Microsoft .NET Framework, MSXML, And C++ Issues With The Help Of The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to repair MS .net framework, msxml, and C++ issues.
Method 3: Perform Clean Installation Of QuickBooks
- Go to the Control panel.
- Click on Programs.
- Select QuickBooks and uninstall it.
- Perform the clean installation of QuickBooks again.
If this step fails to resolve the QB Bank Feed issue, get in touch with our QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
24x7 QuickBooks Technical Assistance
The above guide will help you eliminate all the QB bank feeds exception errors such as System.Argument.Exception and System.TypeInitializationException. When the given steps do not work enough to fix the QB bank feeds exception errors, you can choose to call our experienced and renowned QuickBooks ProAdvisors of ProAccountingAdvisors on the toll-free number +1800-366-1468.