Out of all the errors QuickBooks can run into, QB Error 1402 is one. In this blog, we will discuss everything about the QB Error 1402 that commonly occurs while accessing the QB payroll feature in Microsoft or MAC.
You can understand that the QB Error 1402 has occurred when you see the following error message:
Error 1402: Could not open key [x].
Let us begin our discussion with the potential causes of the QuickBooks Error 1402.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 1402
- Faulty windows registry.
- Damaged QB installation.
- Some hardware defects.
- Corrupted QuickBooks Company File.
- Excessive start-up programs.
- Incorrect QB File installation.
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix QuickBooks Error 1402
You can try the below-given solutions to eliminate the QB Error 1402.
Method 1: Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download and install QB install diagnostic tool from the Intuit official website and double click on the .exe file from the downloaded folder to start the installation process.
- After the complete installation, open the QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic Tool to auto-detect the problems and remove them.
- Once the tool scans and fixes the issues, reboot the system.
Method 2: Modify The Windows Account Control
If you use Windows 8:
- Start the run command by pressing windows+R and type msc in the search field to open the Local Users and Account Manage section.
- Choose the required user and insert the username and password.
- From the user, select properties option and tap on Admin Account. You will notice that the box beside the account is disabled option is ticked. You have to remove the tick.
- Reboot the system and user admin creds to login. Once the system starts up properly, try installing QuickBooks again.
If you use Windows 10:
- Press ctrl+alt+delete to run the control panel.
- Select User Account Control.
- Tap on Manage Another Account and choose the Create a New Account.
- Insert the required details.
- Reboot the system and sign in with a newly created username and password.
- Install QuickBooks again.
24*7 QuickBooks Technical Assistance Department
QuickBooks Error 1402 can easily be removed with the help of the steps given in this article. When you face issues while using the steps and ultimately cannot resolve the QB Error 1402, you can call the certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors on our toll-free number +1800-366-1468 for technical assistance.