When the QuickBooks Payroll Server Error occurs, your QuickBooks may crash suddenly. As QB Payroll is one of the most important features of the renowned accounting software, the Payroll Server error in QuickBooks needs to be resolved as soon as possible. When you come across the QB Payroll Error, you can see the following error message popped on your screen:
“Payroll service server: please try again later.”
“Payroll Connection Error”
“Error: QuickBooks Desktop has encountered a problem sending your usage data”
Most commonly, the QB payroll server error takes place when you try to send the payroll details through direct deposit paychecks. QuickBooks Payroll server error can occur due to multiple reasons, and you must know the exact root cause of the error to fix it. Following are the major causes of the QuickBooks Payroll Server Error:
- Improper firewall settings.
- Network timeout is blocking the QB access.
- You are trying to send the info in multi-user mode.
- Wrong date and time.
- Incorrect security certificate.
- Intermittent internet connection.
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix QuickBooks Payroll Server Error
We will discuss different steps to fix the QuickBooks Payroll Server Error one by one.
- Reboot your system and try to send the payroll.
Note: Some antivirus software can restrict financial data transfer. We recommend you to check that as well.
- Run the internet explorer (Press Windows+E) and navigate to Advanced settings to ensure the TLS 1.0 box is checked, and TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 are unchecked.
- Select the proper network and ensure to send the file while on the single-user mode.
- Make IE as a default browser and check if you can access the secure website in that mode.
- Be sure to use the latest release of QuickBooks and the recent tax table updates.
- You can choose the Yes or No option for the shared document option.
- Confirm the QuickBooks Payroll subscription.
- In the list of trusted websites, add www.intuit.com, and then try to send the payroll.
Sometimes, rebooting your router may help you resolve this QB Payroll server error. The reason behind this is some routers come with limited allocated memory, and the memory can be full. Hence, when you reboot that, the QB payroll server error may be fixed.
- Turn the main switch off where the router is connected and wait for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn the router on and wait till it starts properly.
Contact QuickBooks Technical Team
The Intuit-provided steps will help you eliminate the QuickBooks Payroll Server Error. When for some reason, the above steps fail to resolve the QuickBooks Payroll Server Error for some users, you can choose to contact our experienced, Intuit Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors on the toll-free number +1800-366-1468 for the quick resolution.