Many users experience the inaccessibility of QuickBooks software on Windows 10 operating system. There can be many reasons when QuickBooks does not run on the systems with windows 10. To fix the QB and windows 10 problem, you can refer to the information provided in this article or get in touch with QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
Error Message: QuickBooks Will Not Open In Windows 10
QuickBooks has changed the way businesses handle financial tasks. With its superior features, QuickBooks has managed to reach the top among all the other popular accounting and bookkeeping software. Talking about its compatibility with Windows 10 OS, users sometimes face the error message that states QuickBooks Will Not Open In Windows 10.
When users accidentally click the QB icon multiple times or install the QuickBooks incorrectly, this error message can pop up on the screen. Intuit has given some easy steps to resolve the error that restricts QB from running on Windows 10.
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix QuickBooks Will Not Open In Windows 10 Errors
There are four different methods to fix this error. We advise you to move to the next step only when the previous one fails to fix the issue.
Method 1: Close the QBW34.exe Process
In most of the case, the QBW34.exe file gets stuck while running in the background. When you shut this process and restart, there is an excellent chance of fixing the error.
- Right-click on the taskbar and select the Control Panel from the list. Find the QBW.exe in the processes tab and right-click on it.
- Click on the end task from the dropdown.
Method 2: Check If The Company File Is Accessible
A corrupt or damaged QB company file can be the reason behind this error. You can try the following steps to get rid of this problem.
- Right-tap on the QuickBooks icon and hold the ctrl key on the keyboard followed by the open option. Keep the Ctrl key pressed till you see the No Company Open screen.
- Choose the required file and run it.
Method 3: Restart Your System
Restarting the system completes the remaining updates, and thus, your computer performs in a better way. Once your computer is rebooted, open the QB software. This may fix the error and if not, try the 4th method.
Method 4: Download And Install QBInstall Tool
QuickBooks installation issues can be fixed with the help of QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic Tool. The main function of this tool is to scan for the installation errors and automatically fix them. Below-given steps explain how to use this tool.
- Go to the official Intuit website and download the tool. Install it in the system.
- Shut all the QB related operations and then open the tool.
- The tool will scan the errors related to the QB installation and resolve them.
- Reboot the computer once it finishes the process. Also, save the modifications made by the tool.
Contact QuickBooks ProAdvisors
Knowing the actual reason behind the QuickBooks will not open in Windows 10 error is very important to fix this error. This helps you save the time and fix the issue related to QB and Windows 10. In case, despite following the steps, if you are still facing the issue and cannot run the QB in Windows 10, contact our certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors of ProAccountingAdvisors on the toll-free number +1800-366-1468.