QuickBooks Accounting software comes with different versions and it is always the best to keep your QuickBooks application upgraded with its latest release, especially when you frequently use the QuickBooks. With the upgraded version of QB, you will get the best outcomes through the updated and latest features. If you are still using the older version of QuickBooks such as QB 2013, 2017 or 2015, it will be best for you if you upgrade it to the latest version and that is QB 2020. To avoid putting the data into a risk, download the latest version today.
Note: Intuit has made two important announcements recently about the QuickBooks. According to the first announcement, QB 2015 will be expired on 31 March 2018. Intuit will not provide any assistance from the next day of expiration. The second announcement informs about the release of QB’s newer version called QB 2020. Intuit made this mandatory to download and upgrade the latest version only.
Read about the importance of upgrading the QuickBooks.
Some Major Features Of QB 2020
- Vendor Filter
- Highlighted “Go to Pay” option
- Invoice Tracker
- Easy upgrading ways
- Extra features in Condense Data option
- Advanced IIF import feature
- Easy to migrate to other systems
- Upgraded vacation/sick tracking
- Easy Credit transfers between different jobs
- Updated inventory reports that show inactive items
How To Upgrade Your QuickBooks Software To 2020 Version?
Upgrading to the latest version is a complex process. Ensure to gather detailed knowledge of QB software before you take a step ahead to upgrade the QuickBooks. Even a tiny mistake will put the database at risk.
Ensure to know the below-given things before you start upgrading QuickBooks:
- Log in to the system with the help of administrator rights.
- Never update the QB on any network. This may lead to problems with Company Files.
- Do not forget to move all the important Company Files to the latest release. If you forget to migrate the file, it can’t be accessible on both of the versions.
System Requirements For The Upgrade
The below-mentioned OS support QB 2020:
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Ser. 2016
- Windows Ser. R2 for 2009
- Windows Ser. R2 SP1 for 2008
Hardware That Is Compatible For QuickBooks 2020
- Processor: Minimum 2.4 GHz
- RAM: Minimum 4 GB, Recommended 8 GB
- 8 GB RAM for 1-5 Users
- 12 GB RAM for 10 Users
- 16 GB RAM for 16 Users
- 20+ GB RAM for 20 Users
- Disk space:
- Additional 2.5 GB for data files
- 60 MB for additional software for Microsoft .NET 4.6 Runtime given on the QB CD
- Additional space for Intuit Data Protect (For US only)
- Windows Version:
- For US QB software- US Windows Version
For Canadian QB software- Canadian Windows Version
- The keyboard setting should be set to US/CA only.
- Administrative Rights are mandatory for the server system while hosting multi-user mode.
- Natively installed environment. This doesn’t need a virtual environment or an emulator.
- Optical Drive: 4X DVD ROM Drive is necessary. (Not for the QB that is downloaded from Intuit Server.)
- Screen Resolution:
- Display suitable for 1280*1024 screen resolution or more
- Default DPI Settings optimization is required.
What Steps To Take For An Upgrade?
As we have mentioned about the complexity of the upgrading QuickBooks to the latest version, we suggest you have significant information about the software as an insufficient knowledge will put the data in danger. The data lost due to such error cannot be recovered. We recommend you to contact our Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors +1800-366-1468 in such instances. To upgrade your QuickBooks Software to its latest version, please click on the form which is on the right side of your screen and type in your details. We will contact you as soon as possible.